Spa Valentine

Spa Valentine

About Me

My photo
At Delicious Retreats we endeavor to bring refinement to the art of self-pampering. We do this by focusing on the wholistic treatment of the mind, body, and spirit. Made strictly under the supervision of our pharmacists and herbalist we combine modern compounding with the finest quality natural ingredients and therapeutic oils to create products that nourish the body as well as the soul. In short, it is all about love here…..and we pour a little bit of love into each of our bottles and jars.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Reflections

With Christmas only a week away, I find myself once again running around getting out last minute orders while squeezing in all the fun-filled activities my family enjoys. But as I sit here on this still morning, catching my breath before my energized children awaken, my mind ponders the bewilderment and expectation that Mary, the mother of Jesus, must have felt. Hers was not a journey of celebration. On the contrary, it was a journey of sacrifice...to be counted for taxes! Could you imagine riding on a donkey in your ninth month of pregnancy? Hardly a luxurious arrangement. The ridicule she received as a betrothed pregnant bride....the disappointment that her family may have felt...the loss of friends...all to bring a life.....the Savior's life.....into the world. While we prepare outwardly with the presents, decorations and delicious meals, let us be forever mindful that the most important way we can celebrate this season is with the internal renewing of the heart. As always, live deliciously......be inspired!

Juliet

1 comment:

  1. beautifully written. brought tears to my eyes! Have a Merry CHRISTmas!
    Natalie. I am following your blog. Love the posts.

    ReplyDelete